Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Travel to Bluefield from Florida

Since I finally have internet, now that we are on the road, I can update everybody on what my last week has been like...There is plenty to update and it will take a few posts to do so...

Last Friday, the 17th, the team had a workout in Florida before everybody on the Bluefield team left.  The game started earlier that day because the flight out of Florida was earlier and the bus had to leave by noon.  I threw one inning in the game (it was the first time I had faced live hitters since my last outting in college, roughly a month).  The first hitter hit a broken bat blooper to the first baseman who got it and stepped on the bag.  The next two guys I struck out and my inning was over.  I didn't throw anything other than fastballs, which was a good and bad thing.  It was good because it showed everybody that I can pitch with my fastball, but it was bad because I didn't get to show them my other pitches..

After I was done pitching, I went and did my shoulder stuff, showered up and prepared for the bus.  Once everybody was on the bus and ready to go, we drove to the Tampa/ St. Petersburg airport for our flight.  Our flight from there to Charlotte was very smooth, in part because I slept the entire time!  When we landed it took quite some time for everybody to get their bags and load the bus.  We started driving for about an hour and then stopped for some dinner.  Everybody was free to go where ever they wanted to eat, but we just had to be back on the bus by 845.  I went to Ruby Tuesday's with Arik and 2 other guys.

The trip from Charlotte to Bluefield felt like it took forever.  Everybody had to double up on the bus so it was very cramped to say the least.  We finally got into Bluefield, West Virginia around 12:30 am.  The living situation deserves it's own post...

No comments:

Post a Comment