Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My First Encounter with Groupies...

I'm only a few days in and I have already had an encounter with groupies...I think...

To set the scene...yesterday morning while I was waiting for the vans to pick us up, I over heard 2 of the coaches talking about doing room checks because they think some of the Dominicans (who are a whole other breed...enough for a different post at a later date.) are having their girlfriends or whatever they call them sleep at the hotel with them. The coaches were talking about doing them because it is in the code of conduct that they do room checks...

Ok, so last night I went to sleep at a decent hour, I would say around 11.  In the middle of the night I heard a noise at the door, WHACK WHACK WHACK!  There was the loudest, hardest, and scariest hammering on my door.  I quickly jumped up, went to the door and looked out the peep hole, but there was nobody there.  My first thought was it was some person that had been drinking, running around the hotel being an idiot (we have all been there).  I then opened the door and looked to the left...nothing.  I then looked to the right and saw 3 people standing there.  There was that awkward silence at first because nobody knew what to say or who should say something first.  There was one guy, whom I did not recognize and had maybe the worst style I have ever seen (I thought he was a bit feminine), and there were 2 girls.  One of the girls was mexican or latina looking and the other girl was a typical white girl.  After the awkward silence, I finally asked,"What's going on?"  They asked if this was so and so's room (I could not catch the name, either because they were so intoxicated or I was still half asleep.).  I told them I think they have the wrong room and then they asked the same question again...and of course my answer did not change.  I began to close the door and I am pretty sure the guy, yes the guy, said he was pretty good looking!  The mexican girl said, "Ya, he was really attractive!" and the white girl replied, "He was extremely cute, I'll just take him!"  By this time the door was shut and I was beginning to walk back to bed...I quickly got in bed and went back to sleep.

So I guess you could say, I was good looking to a gay guy, attractive to a mexican girl, and cute to a white girl...I guess thats a good thing right?  Talk about an awkward moment...

I hope the girls were not girlfriends of some guys on the team and if they are, I am sorry for thinking they were groupies...

No comments:

Post a Comment