Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

GREAT NEWS!

Dane telling me that I was going to pitch live, was not the only reason why today was a good day.  The MAIN reason why today was a good day was because I was told that I would be going to Bluefield, West Virginia for the summer to play rather than stay in the Florida Gulf Coast League!  The roster was posted after practice today and I'll admit when I saw my name a huge sigh of relief came across my body.  I had been hoping to either go to Vancouver or Bluefield.  I would rather go to Bluefield over Vancouver anyway because the pitching coach that I really like and want to work with is going to be there along with the strength and conditioning coach that I really like.

I'm excited to be there for the summer because people will actually be able to come watch!  It is also pretty close to where I went to school so I'm already familiar with the area...kind of.  It was funny, we had a meeting about traveling tomorrow and while everybody was ripping and cracking jokes (jokes in which I can't repeat) about West Virginia, Arik and I were sitting there laughing with one another because we have already spent 4 years there (Arik actually grew up there.) and it's not nearly as bad as they were making it out to be!

On the team, there are a couple first round draft picks along with some other high draft picks.  That will be fun to see them play and get to know them.  There are also a large group of Dominicans that will be going...what a culture shock for them!  I like the Dominicans; I have not had any problems with them yet and they have all been really nice to me.  One of them that is going has been trying to teach me some spanish, but the only thing I can say is inappropriate...Arik and Aj are also going to Bluefield with me which will be great because us three have been hanging out for the most part since we have been down here.

I leave Florida tomorrow and catch my flight to Charlotte, North Carolina.  There will be a bus that will drive the team from Charlotte to Bluefield.  We are scheduled to get in around dinner time.  I hope to see many of my friends at the games and look forward to a fun filled, exciting summer!  I can't wait to start playing...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Good luck in Bluefield.

    ReplyDelete