Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What a Night!

The final game of the Bristol series was one of the most exciting games I have been apart of.  The first 7 innings were basically pointless because it was much of the same as the previous nights.  We dug ourselves a hole and had to come clawing back to get in the game.  We were down 5-4 going into the the bottom of the eighth.  We managed to tie it at 5 in the bottom of the eighth, but were unable to win it in nine.  We had to go to down to the very last out...

In the ninth, the score was tied at 5 still with two outs and a runner on third.  There was a weak ground ball hit to our first baseman, Art Charles.  Everybody thought the inning was over, but the ball went between his legs and the run scored, making it 6-5.  In the bottom of the ninth, the first 2 batters were retired pretty easily.  The third batter of the inning found his way on base due to a seeing eye ground ball (a ground ball that is not hit very hard, but still finds a hole to get through the infield).  During the next at bat, the pitcher threw a wild pitch, moving the runner up to second.  The pitcher went on to walk the hitter, putting runners on first and second with two outs.  I have always said, if you mess up or make a mistake, it is going to come back around and you will have a chance to redeem yourself.  Art Charles was the following batter....

The opposing pitching coach came out for a mound visit before the at bat.  I thought they were going to walk him, because he has more than enough power to put a ball over the wall...after the first pitch of the at bat, we all knew they were going to pitch to him!  They obviously did not have the scouting report because he loves the ball inside so he can turn on it and pull the ball to right field.  The count was 3-1 and everybody in the park knew what was coming.  They should have taken the walk and moved on to the next hitter, but they threw him a fastball on the inner half and he absolutely CRUSHED it!  He hit it over the right field wall for a walk off home run!  Everybody went nuts!  The crowd went crazy, the dugout went crazy, and the announcer went crazy!  The team exploded out of the dugout to meet him at home to celebrate the walk off.  The team was basically out of the dugout before the ball even left the park because we all knew it was gone.  It was an awesome feeling!  The clubhouse after the game was so much fun too.  There was music blaring and everybody was in a good mood.

On a side note, I came into pitch in the top of the seventh with guys on first and second with 1 out.  The first guy I faced I got to hit a ground ball to our short stop that should have been a double play to get us out of the inning, but he bobbled it and everybody was safe.  I went on to strike the next 2 guys out leaving the bases loaded.  I pitched a clean 8th as well.  I went back out for the 9th inning...

The very first batter of the inning hit a lead off double.  The following hitter bunted moving the runner to third with one out.  I struck the next hitter out making the situation a little more manageable.  There was a runner on third with 2 outs.  The next hitter I fell behind 2-0.  I threw him a change-up that he rolled over to our first baseman, Art.  That is the ball that went between his legs allowing the runner on third to score.  The next hitter struck out to end the inning...

Last night's game was one of, if not the most exciting game I have been apart of.  Hopefully, it will get the team going and send us on the right path.  Tonight, we travel to Princeton to start a series with the Princeton Rays.  This supposedly is the most meaningful series of the year because of the proximity of the two teams.  It is only a ten minute drive to Princeton.  In the past years, it has been a huge rivalry and the fans over there are crazy....so I hear.  Im excited to see how the environment is...

On one last side note, last night was my first professional win!  There could not have been a better way to get my first professional win than last night!

6 comments:

  1. What a game is right!! Congrats on your first win! I am loving this blog....you are doing it just for me, right?? xo, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Ian! I am so jealous when I have to go to work and do what I do versus what you do when you go to work! We all love this blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian, you've worked so hard. What a great story from a great young man from a great family...Congratulations!!

    The Kings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first win. We are confident there will be many more to come. Although we can't be at the games physically we always follow play by play via the computer and are able to listen to away games. On this day we were returning from watching the Angels play and following the game on Art Senior's cell phone.I was driving while Art gave me verbal updates. As that particular play was updated on the phone and Senior told me that Junior had made an error off what read as a routine ground ball, which allowed a run to score to give the other team the lead in the ninth inning, our stomachs dropped. I said, "That ball must have been hard hit." Senior said, "I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself." I agreed and we waited. As we were stuck in LA traffic, I was startled by an uplifting roar of excitement and Senior telling me that Art had hit a walk-off to win the game. Beaming with pride and tears in my eyes I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness for him and his team. You were pitching a great game and we couldn't have asked for a better ending.

    Brandy Charles

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it was anybody that deserved to redeem himself it was art. Everybody knew he was going to come through because he is such a good team mate. I cant begin to describe how good of a guy art is. You and Mr. Charles have a great kid and have much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete