Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Series finale vs Elizabethton Twins

I am just getting home from Elizabethton...yes it is 2 am!  Thankfully, I slept the entire bus ride home so it wasn't that bad with the exception of my right leg being asleep when I woke up (one of the worst feelings you can have in my opinion).  The bus is not very comfortable...everybody has to share a seat and we have some bigger guys on the team.  It is important to share a seat with an undersized guy so neither one of you are on top of the other (a little secret of mine).

Game 1 vs. Elizabethton was finished the following day because of the rain delay.  We pulled out the win in extra innings and Arik made his debut as well.  He pitched a clean 2 innings.

Game 2 vs. Elizabethton went very sound.  We beat them 4-3 despite a late scare in the bottom of the ninth inning.  They loaded the bases with one out, but our pitcher managed to strike a guy out and get the final guy to pop up to center field to end the game.

Game 3 I'm sorry to say did not go as planned.  We lost in the bottom of the ninth inning 6-5.  We got out to a 5-1 lead, but could not hang onto it down the stretch.  They got lucky in the bottom of the ninth and we were victims of our own mistakes.  We threw a bunt down the right field line and another error by the third baseman kept them alive.  They capitalized on our mistakes and pulled out the win like any good team should do.  We easily should have won that game, but stuff like that happens to the best of us.  In all reality, we were not going to go undefeated anyway...

Tomorrow night is our home opener here in Bluefield.  I'm very excited to see how the hometown reacts to a new organization being in town.  Hopefully they come out and support us.  I know we will play hard and I know they will enjoy watching us play.  We are a really fun team to watch.  We can hit, we can field, and we can pitch it.  I have been really surprised with how good we are; I think everybody has been surprised.  Everybody for the most part, or whom I have talked to, thinks we have a really talented squad.  The biggest thing I have been surprised with is our power at the plate.  We have hit some home runs, but none of them have been cheap.  They ALL have been absolutely CRUSHED!

We are now 2-1 despite the loss tonight, but coach told us on the bus, if we win every series and take 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 from every team, we will win a fair share of games and we will be where we want to be at the end of the season.  Hopefully, I get to pitch again in the home opener; that would be really exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment