Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

One of the Better Days

Today, was by far, the best day I've had since I've been down here.  It started off with a good ab and forearm workout before breakfast and then while I was long tossing with Arik and Aj Meyer (from Defiance, Ohio.  I played against him in the Great Lakes League after my sophomore year.  For those of you that have seen Napoleon Dynamite...he is the EXACT replica of Napoleon Dynamite!  It is absolutely hysterical.  He's had me laughing so hard that I was in tears.) the pitching coordinator, Dane Johnson, came up to me and told me that instead of throwing a bullpen today, I will pitch in the game tomorrow!  That made my day right from the start because that means no more sitting in the sun baking while everybody else is playing!  I get to pitch to live hitters tomorrow and  I'm extremely excited!  I can't wait!

The rest of the day went the same as the previous days.  I think I am finally starting to get all the bunt defenses, pickoffs, and signs (there are several different ones to remember for several different scenarios).  After I was done with everything, I once again had to watch the game, but only today's game was actually against a real team.  We played the Yankees (not the major league Yankees, but the Florida Gulf Coast Yankees.  They are the Yankees rookie ball team.).  It was actually fun to watch today because there were different people playing and it was a real meaningful game for once.  I'm unsure of who won because I did not get there until the 5th inning.  I had to get my conditioning done before I could go watch.

Tomorrow we have an 8:30am stretch because we are starting the game earlier (9:30am) than the normal start time (11am) because the team that is leaving for Bluefield, West Virginia has a flight to catch and they leave the complex at noon....

No comments:

Post a Comment