Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Day in the Life...

Today, for the most part, was exactly like the previous few days.  There were a couple exceptions though.  I woke up at the same time as usual, but instead of relaxing and hanging out with the guys before stretch, I actually got a lift in!  I was starting to feel gross and I had been asking the strength and conditioning coach for a couple days if I could come in and lift before stretch to get the blood flowing and the body moving.

As many of you know, I CAN NOT just sit there for an extended period of time.  I have to be doing something and when I was just hanging out in the locker room sitting by my locker, it was driving me crazy!  I like being productive and I LOVE working out.  

The strength coach put together a light total body workout, but I thought it was more core and upper body.  There was only one leg lift in there and it was very minimal.  It wasn't a bad little workout though and I must admit, I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done!  I did some extra ab and forearm work at the end as well.  It definitely woke me up and got me ready for practice.  I had a good little pump going so I felt good going into practice.  After the lift, I got some breakfast (which is the best meal of the day, hands down.  They have blackberries and raspberries EVERYDAY...my absolute favorite!)

Practice was the same as usual (stretch, long toss and flat grounds, bunt defenses, pickoffs, team defense, batting practice and conditioning).  The only difference in practice today was they changed the groups up.  I was in a group with all dominicans, which was quite the amusement and I actually like it.  It was hysterical because when one of them messed up, all the others would laugh and rag him.  I couldn't help myself and sometimes found myself laughing at the whole situation.  Just imagine a bunch of spanish speaking dominicans yelling and laughing at each other all at the same time, while the one thats getting made fun of is yelling back.  I, of course couldn't understand them, but I don't know how they heard each other.  There were about 10 of then slinging spanish slurs around at the same time.  It was a site to see...even the coach would laugh sometimes!  I was 1 of 2 americans in the group.  The other guy found it humorous as well.  It gave me a good laugh for the day...

There was also a game at the end too.  After I finish everything, I have to watch the entire game, which gets extremely tiresome.  It might be my least favorite part of the day!  I would much rather play in the game than watch it....I am eager to get back on the field and compete!

After the game was over, I went in and did my shoulder program, ate lunch, and showered.  After the van dropped everybody off at the hotel, I took a long nap.  I feel like I'm in preschool all over again, having nap time at 3...but I feel much better when I wake up.  The sun drains me, not to mention the work it's doing on my farmer's tan (and to think I worked so hard on getting rid of that ugly thing while I was home, what a waste...)!  I took a 3 hour nap and I still won't have trouble falling asleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment