Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Dream Come True

The game of baseball is a funny, interesting, and an odd game.  Everybody has heard of people falling in love with the game and I can not being to explain that it may be the realest thing in life.  When a person falls in love with baseball, it will last a lifetime.  Baseball will consume a person's life and that person will be sucked into the baseball world forever.  I can honestly say, I have witnessed it because I am one of those individuals...

I have played baseball my entire life and been in love with the game for as long as I can remember.  It has been a childhood dream of mine to play major league baseball since I was 6 years old.  Baseball has been the one place for me that I am able to get away from everything and clear my mind.  When I am playing the game I love, it provides a release from the outside world, as if nothing else matters or the earth is on a stand still.  Baseball is a very emotional game, and in order for a person to be successful, that emotion needs to be controlled.  Trust me, it is easier said than done (I know firsthand of the ups and downs; my parents are the two people that know exactly what I am talking about) and it is a skill when a person can control their emotions.  I have been lucky enough to play the game past high school and through college.  It was my dream to continue playing past college...

As many of you close to me know, I was not drafted in the 2011 draft, but I was lucky enough to sign a free agent deal with the Toronto Blue Jays.  Nick Manno, an area scout, called me immediately following the draft on Wednesday June, 8 2011 and offered me a free agent deal.  I am very thankful to Nick and the Blue Jays organization for allowing me to continue playing.  Of course, I would loved to have been drafted, but thats not the point.  All I ever wanted was an opportunity to continue playing.  The money was never an issue for me.  I did not care how much money I signed for or how much I made; I just wanted to play.  This truly is a childhood dream come true!

In making this blog, it is my hope to provide a few funny stories, inform everybody what it is like to be a professional baseball player on a daily basis and most of all to keep family, friends, and fans up to date with what I am doing and where I am.  Please Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment