Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Update #2

Ok, I admit I have been slacking again on the blog, but i promise this will be the last time...I will start updating everybody more often.  Ill give everybody a quick update as to what I have been doing lately with this post.

Since my last update, we have played a 3 game series vs. the Pulaski Mariners and the Princeton Rays and last night we started a 3 game series vs. the Burlington Royals last night.

The Pulaski series did not go well to say the least.  It was not a good series for the team or myself.  In game one, I suffered the loss in the bottom of the ninth inning.  I came in in the bottom of the 8th to get out of a jam and did my job, but the bottom of the ninth was not so friendly.  I recorded the first 2 outs quickly before having to battle the third hitter of the inning in which he got lucky and fisted a ball down the right field line for a double.  The next batter then hit a single over the second baseman and the guy on second scored the winning run.  I was not pleased with myself at all because I knew I was better than I pitched.  I made 3 mistakes.  The first was I tried to make a slider TOO nasty after he had swung and missed the first one by a mile.  The second was I did not get a fastball far enough inside that the guy fisted down the line and the third i just left a ball up in the zone.

The second game of the series we won pretty easily.  The third game of the series was close again.  I came in in the bottom of the ninth to get out of a jam once again with the score tied.  Once again, I got out of the jam and left the runners on base.  In the bottom of the tenth, the first guy got lucky and chopped a change-up that he was out in front of just barely over our third basemen's head for a lead off double.  I had my work cut out for me.  The second hitter grounded out to the shortstop, not advancing the runner.  One out.  The next guy grounded out to our second baseman advancing the runner on second to third.  Two out.  Then the following hitter swung at a fastball that was up in the zone and knocked it into right field scoring the winning run from third.  It was like deja vu all over again...if you know me, I was not happy with myself.  I HATE losing more than anything and I HATE HATE HATE when I know we should have won.  But being the closer, I cant live in the past.  I can only live in the present and move on to the next game...

The Princeton series was a battle for first place.  We went into the series tied for first.  We came out of the series one game back, but we did not play how we usually play.

In the first game of the Burlington Royals series, we won 3-0.  I pitched for the first time since the Pulaski series because it was the first game that had a save situation.  I was successful in converting the save and preserving the win!  I got my redemption!  Like I said before, I cant live in the past, I can only live in the present and control what I can control and learn from my mistakes.  My manager Dennis Holmburg says it best...Baseball is not about finding out what you can do, but finding out what you CANT do to learn from it and better yourself.

I am not sure what Princeton did last night, but if they lost, we are tied for first place in the division again!  Tonight is game 2 of the Burlington series.  We are on a 6 day road trip.  After Burlington, we travel to Kingsport, Tennessee for a 3 game series.

On a side note, I am very jealous of my family.  They are up in Boston right now visiting family.  My dad's side of the family is from the New England area.  They were in Maine for a couple days visiting his mom.  They were on the beach in Wells, Maine and they enjoyed Maine lobster, the best lobster in the world!  They also paid a visit to Flos hotdogs.  I am not a big fan of hotdogs, but these are the best damn hotdogs there are!

Today, they are in Boston visiting his brother.  They are at the Boston Red Sox game as we speak and thought it would be funny to rub it in my face by sending me pictures of Fenway Park...hahaha so funny guys!  My brother also sent me pictures of Flos hotdogs...little brat!  It is Cooper's, my little brother, first time up in Maine or Boston.  I know he is loving every minute of it!  Have fun guys!  I miss you and love you!

Ok, I have to go get dressed for the bus.  Hope everybody is doing well!  Thanks for your support!  Smell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment