Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Thursday, July 14, 2011

There's a First for Everything

A couple of nights ago, I got my first professional save.  It was an awesome feeling...I honestly enjoyed it more than a win.  The save came against the Bristol White Sox.  It was the first game of the series after we had won the series before against the Danville Braves.  Going into the 3 game set, we were tied for first place with our rival Princeton Rays.

Our pitching to open up the series was nearly impeccable.  Our first rounder was untouchable yet again and the guy that followed him up was very impressive as well.  In the bottom of the ninth, the White Sox rallied after a leadoff walk.  Going into the inning we were winning 5-1.  After the walk, they strung together a few hits to narrow the lead to 5-3.  The following hitter hit a flare just out of the reach of our shortstop to score another run, making it 5-4.  With guys on first and second and one out, I was called into pitch.  All I had to do was get 2 outs.

The first hitter, swung at a first pitch change-up and popped it up to the third baseman.  The runners did not advance on the play.  With 2 outs and men on first and second still, the second hitter I faced swung at the first pitch, a fastball inside and grounded out to the second baseman to end the game and preserve the victory.

My first save was a rather quick and easy one because I received help from the hitters swinging at the first pitch.  I threw maybe 10 pitches total between warmups and the game.  I love being in the closer's role, it really gets the adrenaline going.

The second game of the series got away from us as we were winning going into the bottom of the seventh.  Tonight we are trying to win the series and regain control of first place....I wouldn't be opposed to another save...

No comments:

Post a Comment