Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I apologize for the delay...

Ok ok, I will be the first to admit, I have been slipping on the blog, but there has been good reason as to why...The internet has shut off where I am living so after games when I usually blog, there has been no internet.  Right now, I am sitting in the locker room just hanging out until I have to go stretch and throw at 2:45.

Not much has been going on.  We do the same thing everyday...I usually show up to the field at about 1 and hang out for a little bit.  On some days, I have lifting at 1:30, but today I don't so I thought I would catch up on the blogging...The pitchers stretch at 2:45 followed by Team Defense.  Batting Practice follows Team Defense and usually winds down at about 5:15.  We then have some more down time till the game at 7.

HOLY SHIT our head coach just scared the hell out of me.  He blew one of those HUGE air horns inside the locker room and yelled, "LET'S GO, WAKE UP!"  Needless to say, everybody is awake now...

Lately, the team has been playing really well.  We have taken over first place in our division.  The second place team is Princeton (our rival).  We have a huge series coming up with them Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  In my opinion, there has not been a team that has been better than us.  It is scary because there have only been about 2 games in which we have actually gotten beaten.  We usually beat ourselves.

I recently picked up my second save.  It was against the Burlington Royals, two nights ago.  It was a clean and uneventful inning.  Hopefully there will be many more to come...

Randy Clifford came to watch a game last saturday, but neither Arik or I threw, but it was still good to see him.  I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me.  You could say he resurrected my career.

The same day, there was a HUGE country concert in Bluefield.  Billy Wagner was the one that organized it so he threw out the first pitch of the game that day.  All the players got tickets to the concert, but I was lucky enough to have VIP passes.  My sponsor family was generous enough to give me their tickets.  My seats were in the very first row.  It was unbelievable.  There were 8 or 9 different country singers.  Montgomery Gentry, Craig Morgan, and Dierks Bentley were just a few of the artists that were there.  It was one of the better days so far.  It was so much fun, especially with a win that day.

I have to go get dressed for stretch...if something good happens, I will be sure to blog about it during my down time before the game....

Again, sorry for the slacking on the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment