Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

That's What You Call a Winning Streak...

The series Finale vs the Johnson City Cardinals was what you can call a good old fashioned beating.  We beat them pretty easily.  I think they were still shocked from the night before and we were still running on fumes from the night before.  You could tell they had no energy, and the walk-off deflated them pretty good.  On the other hand, you could tell we had all the energy and were still on a high from the walk-off.  The game was rather uneventful with the exception of a homerun show.  Our team hit 3 homeruns, NONE of them being cheap.  They were ALL moonshots, one going further than the next.  It was awesome to watch!

On a side note, the best mother in the entire world was at the game, MY MOM!  She drove down from Cincinnati with Shirley Waters (she is originally from Huntington and was going back home to see family).  I can not thank them enough for bringing my car.  It makes life so much easier now being able to get around and not having to be on somebody else time frame.  They also brought so many gatorades and waters and redbulls that they will last me the rest of the season!  Along with the drinks, they brought snacks too!  It was like Christmas come early!  It was awesome to see my mom for the first time since I had left for Florida.  It seemed like it had been forever.  She said she didn't even recognize me in uniform  from the other player without facial hair because we have to be clean shaven.  It might also have been due to the fact that I haven't had a haircut in a LONG time.  My hair is the longest it has been since I was 16!  That's the next thing on my agenda, now that I have a car...After the game, my mom, Shirley, and I went out to eat at Applebee's (I feel that I am a regular there because I go there so often, since it is the only place in town that stays open that late).  I wish we were not going out of town the following day so my Mom could stay longer and maybe see me pitch, but nonetheless it was good to see her.  Thanks for all the goodies Mom!  LOVE YOU!  Now my dad and brothers need to make a trip down...

The following day, we made our way to Danville, Virginia.  I slept the entire bus ride on the floor.  It's a little secret of mine to sleep on the floor because I am able to stretch out and it is MUCH more comfortable sleeping on the floor, rather than trying to get comfortable in those little seats.

The first game of the series was a mess.  First, the start time was delayed from 7 p.m. to 8:15 due to rain. Then once we started the game, the rain came in AGAIN, but this time it came in SO much harder.  It absolutely poured.  It rained so hard and so fast that the grounds crew were unable to put the tarp on the field in time.  Luckily, we had already played 5 innings and we were winning 3-2!  After 5 innings, the game is official so we officially won the first game of the series.  It's a cheap win, but I'll take it!

Hopefully, the grounds crew can get the field together for tonight's game...

1 comment:

  1. Ian - I just finishing reading your complete blog and I am such a fan. I have invited my mom to join in and I showed it to Spencer Perry and he wanted the connection too. So you are amazing AND famous.

    It was a complete pleasure to be at your game last Thursday in Bluefield and I wish you all the success in the world. Keep living the dream and congrats on your Save last nite.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete