Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th

The game against the Princeton Rays on July 4th is always played in Bluefield.  No different was it this year.  They had been talking about this game the entire season.  It was the first topic that would come out of people's mouths.  Needless to say, there was a great amount of anticipation for this game.

I got to the park the same time I would for any other game.  The van left at 1 for the field and I was there by 1:15.  I hung out for a little bit, watched some TV (I have to take full advantage of that because I have no TV in my room), and played on my ipod for a little bit until about 2:15.  I then got dressed and did my band routine that I do everyday.  At 2:45 the pitchers stretch together.  We then get our conditioning in for the day followed by our throwing.  We then have to do Team Defense before we shag Batting Practice.  After BP is over, we have about 2 hours to do nothing.  During this time, I do some abs, forearms, extra sprints, and my shoulder work.  I then go shower before getting into my Game uniform.

During this time, people were filing into the stadium earlier than ever.  Once I came out of the locker room for the game, the stands were COMPLETELY full, standing room only!  I was shocked at how many people were there (were they there for the game or for the firework festivities after the game?).

Once again, we should have won the game, but Princeton came back in the top of the ninth to take a one run lead.  We were unable to capitalize in the bottom of the ninth and we came up one run short.  After the game, I hurried into the locker room to shower so I could make it back out for the fireworks!

I have to give it to the city of Bluefield.  The firework show was absolutely unbelievable.  Second only to Washington, D.C. fireworks that I saw going into my sophomore year of college.  I was amazed at how many of them there were and how long the firework show was.  The entire crowd of over 2,500 people stayed for the fireworks and watched everyone of them as they lit up the ball field.  Both teams watched the fireworks as well.

As I was watching them, I started to think about how lucky I am and how thankful I am for everything I have.  Really, how many kids get to say they played professional baseball on the fourth of July?  It was a great moment to reflect on how I got there, everything I went through, and the people that have influenced me.

After the fireworks were over, the entire field was covered in smoke and everybody made their way out of the stadium.  I had NO CLUE how many people were actually at the game until I saw how many cars were in the parking lot...there were so many that people started making their own parking spots!  It truly was a night to remember even though we were on the losing side...

No comments:

Post a Comment