Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On My Own...

Due to the fact that I am not represented by an agent/advisor, I am left having to supply myself with running shoes, training shoes, spikes, gloves, and all the other necessities of professional baseball.  The last couple of days, I have been trying to get ahold of various companies, such as Under Armour, Nike, New Balance, Wilson, Louisville Slugger and Rawlings to talk to them about an endorsement deal.  I have written separate e-mails based on each company that I am hoping to send out.  I had my dad look over them for me just to make sure they were business appropriate (my dad is a lawyer so he deals with business e-mails and letters all the time).  Most agents already have these connections, but since I am not represented, I have to build them myself.

So far, I have contacted New Balance, Louisville Slugger, and Under Armour.  My goal for tomorrow is to reach the other companies by either phone or e-mail.  I have been lucky so far in not having too much trouble finding the contacts.

I was lucky enough to be able to find the e-mail address to New Balance and Louisville Slugger.  Under Armour was a little bit tougher.  Thankfully, the internet has almost everything.  I was able to find out who I needed to be in contact with at Under Armour.  I called the customer service number and they transferred me to a receptionist who transferred me to who I was trying to reach.  I did not think I would actually be able to have a conversation with the person, but luckily he answered!  I was shocked he answered because I was preparing myself for the voicemail.  I told him what I was trying to do and why I wanted to contact Under Armour.  I can not even begin to describe how impressed I was with him because he actually took the time to listen to what I had to say.  I developed a great amount of respect for him and Under Armour.

Hopefully, I will not have a hard time tomorrow trying to find the contacts for the other companies and hopefully, I hear back from Under Armour, New Balance, and/or Louisville Slugger.  I will keep you guys updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment