Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Off Day...

Today is our third off day of the season...it was much needed to say the least.  I slept till 12:30 today...thats the latest I have slept in I don't know how long.  Although I felt like I wasted my day, I needed the rest.  So far my off day has consisted of laying in bed and going to the mall with Jonathan Lucas and Les Williams (I bought a couple of shirts because I feel like I need to get an "adult" wardrobe since I have graduated college and can no longer wear Marshall Baseball gear everyday...).  Now, we all are hanging out.  They are playing video games while I am catching up on some blogging.  I am not a big video gamer because I tend to take it too serious.  I hate when I lose and I do not have the patience for video games.  I think part of the reason why my mom wouldn't let me have a system or whatever they call it when I was a kid is because she knew I would get so angry I would end up throwing the controllers through the wall...I know, I know I need to be able to control it, but I can't!  I just HATE losing.

Now as for the baseball part...we just finished up a series vs. the Pulaski Mariners.  We took 2 of 3 from them and the first 2 games were quite lopsided.  We won the first game 10-2 and lost the second 15-5....weird huh?  That's just how baseball works.  The third game we won 7-2, but the game was closer than the score indicates.

Before the Pulaski series, we had a series with the Princeton Rays.  This series was the last series of the year between us and the winner of it would determine who wins the Mercer Cup!  We ended up sweeping them to win the Mercer Cup and I picked up the save in the deciding game 2 of the series.  With the sweep we also built our lead in the standings. We regained sole possession of first place and almost sank Princeton's hopes (unless they make a miraculous comeback) of making the playoffs.

A couple of series ago, we played the Johnson City Cardinals.  They are the first place team in the other division and they have the best record out of any team in the league.  In my personal opinion, I think we are still a better team than them, but it is hard to say.  When they came to play us, we beat them 2 of 3, but when we went to play them at their place they beat us 2 of 3.  The Elizabethton Twins and Kingsport Mets are tied for second in the other division.  Johnson City already has first place pretty much clinched with a 7 game lead.

Tomorrow we start a 3 game series with the Burlington Royals followed by a 3 game series with Pulaski all at home.  My Dad will be making his first trip down to watch this upcoming weekend.  My little brother cooper will be coming down with him.  Cooper would come to every game if he could.

That gets everything pretty much up to date with how the teams doing.  Hopefully we can finish strong and win a ring!  It'd be nice to get a ring in my first season of professional baseball...


No comments:

Post a Comment