Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Smell Ya Late Cincinnati...

Hey everybody,  it's been awhile since I've blogged, but I figured I'd save you the pain of reading the same post over and over again.  I've been doing the same thing everyday, all day pretty much.  For some reason, baseball players like to have their routines for everything and I am no different.  A quick rundown of what my day this off season consisted of...I'd wake up at 8 eat some breakfast, then head to the gym and train for a few hours, after I was done, I would then go throw and get my work in (for the last month I have been throwing into a Lacrosse net...).  I would usually be done with everything around 4 everyday then come home and watch MLB Network (best channel on TV).

Right now, I'm sitting at the gate in the airport waiting for my flight.  My flight does not leave until 11:30, but considering the debacle that went down last year when I was trying to get to my flight (if you haven't read about it, you will get a good laugh out of what happened! It's one of the very first posts I had), I figured I would make sure I was early!  I also drove my self, so I got to decide the time I left my house...(my Dad made me late last year). I also made sure the bag I checked was under the limit...last year I think it was DOUBLE the weight limit!  Another plus to getting to the airport early....PEOPLE WATCHING! There's nothing better than people watching...if you know me...you know I love people watching.  I guess you could list it up there as one of my favorite hobbies, but it should be one of everybody's favorite hobbies...there's no telling what you'll see!

I will arrive in Tampa, Fl at 1:30.  My buddy lands at 1:00 and he's supposed to wait for me so we can ride the shuttle over to the hotel together, but I guess we'll see if he remembers when I get down there.  By the way, he also has a blog...it's called Les is More Diamond Diaries (his name is Les).  To be quite honest with you, I've never looked at the blog, but go ahead and check it out for yourself!  Although his name is Les,  I call him Chocolate Moose!  Les is a good dude though...one of the guys I became really close with last year in Bluefield.  He loves his video games and I've seen him throw a few temper tantrums...let me tell you, they remind me of a 4 year old when his mommy wouldn't give him ice cream for breakfast...throwing punches at the couch, kicking the base board, slamming back into the cushion, and there may have been a few expletives thrown around as well...OUTRAGEOUS!

I can't wait to get to Florida and start playing.  I have been chomping at the bit for months now and it's finally time to get this show on the road.  I have prepared and worked harder than I have ever worked in my life for anything and I am confident that nobody has outworked me.  I have put in the work and I know it will all pay off.  I can't wait to throw to another person instead of a net, or throw to a catcher, or even face hitters (they're screwed, I won't lie).  All I know is that tomorrow morning we have physicals bright and early at 6:30 a.m. followed by the first workout of Extended Spring Training.  I'm interested to see what it consists of, but I'm thinking it will be somewhat like it was when I was down there last year for mini camp.

I wanted to thank a couple people as well.  I have been living at home since Christmas and have been working out at Moeller High School (home of Ken Griffey Junior and HOF Barry Larkin).  I can't even begin to explain how helpful and courteous the coaches over there have been.  They have opened their arms and welcomed me.  They have let me use all of their facilities to workout and throw and run and everything.  WIthout them I truly don't know what I would have done.  I also want to thank Scott Humes and Mike Maundrell.  They are two of my coaches from my High School days and I still try to work with them anytime possible.  I learned so much this offseason because of these two.  I am extremely thankful to all the coaches at Moeller, Scott Humes, and Mike Maundrell...Thanks guys!

If any of you are down around the Tampa area, don't be afraid to get ahold of me!  If you don't have my number, get ahold of me on Twitter...I'm all over Twitter. My handle (username) is @thebearjew36.  Yes, I am The Bearjew...the one and only!  If you don't get the pun...you need to watch the movie Inglorious Bastards...

(I got distracted for a good 10 minutes because there was a young man that sat a few seats over from me blasting and I mean BLASTING Akon's song I Just Had Sex....hahahaha I didn't think that was airport appropriate, but whatever floats his boat...)

Alright guys, have to board now so the next time I blog, it'll be from Dunedin, Florida!

Cya, Wouldn't wanna be ya!
Peace Homeslices

No comments:

Post a Comment